1. Send submissions to email@example.com.
2. Submitted artwork must be in .jpg, .gif or .png format.
3. Submitted artwork files must be under 10 MB in file size due to server restrictions.
4. Unless otherwise specified, submit one entry per contestant, per contest.
5. Include your preferred name, website (if applicable) and any thoughts you may have on your redesign. Thoughts should reflect the process of your redesign and explanation that may not be entirely clear based solely on the illustration (i.e. "Batman's glowing gauntlets are also electrified weapons"), not revised character history or origins. Your thoughts on your art should be limited to a couple of short paragraphs, and may be edited for length or clarity. Additionally, please do not include your website on your submitted image. This is why we link to you.
6. We strive to be an all-ages site, and encourage artists of all ages to participate. Submitted artwork should not be highly sexualized or contain nudity, graphic violence, hate speech, harsh profanity, etc.
7. Submissions must be original artwork. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
8. Pay attention to the calendar. Artwork submitted after due dates are ineligible for contests and may not be posted at all.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some good things to know:
- If required, you may apply for a two day submission extension. This may only be done by email request. Extension emails must be sent reasonably before a contest deadline (i.e., if you wait until five minutes before the deadline, your request will be denied). Extension submissions must be received within 48 hours of the original contest deadline. Any submissions received after the deadline are considered late and are ineligible. Submissions sent after the original contest deadline without an extension granted are, obviously, considered late and are ineligible for contests.
- While we strive to post all the artwork submitted to us, please note that submitted art is not guaranteed to be posted on the site.
- By submitting to Superhero of the Month, you hereby grant us permission to post your artwork to our website, and social media auxiliaries, including Tumblr, Facebook and, where appropriate, DeviantArt accounts. Inclusion of your Twitter handle ensures a mention on Twitter when we post your work. If you do not wish your work to be posted on any auxiliary site(s), you must let us know in your submission email.
- Superhero of the Month is not responsible for content on any other site. Because everyone's personal standards vary, consider any other site linked to by Superhero of the Month "enter at your own risk."
- No ownership of characters is implied in any way. All characters featured are copyright of their respective owners.